3D Printed Leg Support Helps the Dog to Run Again
Create Time: 02/25/2019
As the most loyal partner of mankind, dogs have won the favor of most people. When we saw a puppy with a broken body, the sympathy was born. In fact, we have seen a lot of news related to dogs, but every time we learn about new news, Xiaobian will continue to be touched. A puppy named Maggie unfortunately lost a leg in a car accident. Recently, with the help of the new owner, she got a 3D printed leg bracket to run healthy in the sun.
In August of this year, a woman named Nicole Thibeau found Maggie. From physical signs, it should have been hit by a car a few months ago. Thibeau tells her about the process of finding Maggie: "When it was discovered, its front leg bones had shattered, causing the hind legs to fail to move properly. The whole body was almost dragged on the ground. It can be seen that it is suffering enormously. ""
After seeing the veterinarian, the doctor said that one of Maggie's hind legs had to be amputated, and the front legs were also affected by nerve paralysis. After the operation, it was adopted by the Michael Beattie couple and was well cared for.
Like many of its kind, even if one leg is lost, Maggie adapts to a new life. It can still run, jump, and play. However, if one of the front legs is affected by nerve damage, excessive use of the injured leg may cause further damage to the other two legs. To prevent this from happening, Beattie, a veterinarian, brought it to Dr. Francis Arsenault, who said the best solution was to attach a bracket to Maggie's injured front leg.
A Colorado company used 3D scanning and printing technology to create such a custom leg bracket. The aligner is very light, so it does not affect Maggie's normal activities. After the initial adaptation phase, it can run and play without any worries.
- January 22, 2019SLA 3D Printing in the Automotive Industry In recent years we have seen more and more car manufacturers making use of 3D printing for prototyping and even for final parts. Industry giants such as BMW,...view
- January 18, 2019Finishing: How to Take 3D Printed Parts to the Next LevelCreate Time: 09/07/2018At ProtoFab we offer a wide range of post-processing options that give vastly differing finishes. Some options are prima...view
- March 11, 2019As we all know, printing speed is one of the core choke point in the development of 3D printing technology, we always value printing speed when purchasing a 3D printer. As far as I can see, once the s...view
- January 18, 2019Accuracy is one the central characteristics you expect of a 3D printer, particularly SLA printers, which are renowned for their high degree of precision. If an SLA printer cannot reproduce a model wit...view
- January 16, 2019Jack Wu Boosts ProtoFab Presence at Weldex 2017The 16th edition of the Weldex international welding exhibition took place in Moscow last month from October 10th to 13th, and ProtoFab was well represen...view
- January 16, 20193D Printing Injection Molds3D Printing Injection Molds3D printing is mostly associated with the direct manufacture of prototypes or parts, but it can also be useful for producing the molds and tools u...view